Sunday 27 May 2012

YOU ARE MY ANSWER

YOU ARE MY ANSWER

O my daughters, my sons, my dream, my future!
come near me.
O my dear pretty dolls of warm flesh and boiling blood, 
full of courage to transform all the ugliness in beauty. 
Come you all, near as possible, come to me. 
Let me fill you all in my bossom,
let me feel the heat of your aspirations
and realise the tenderness of soft bodies and sweet sentiments.
O my dears, my daughters, my sons! 
not a youngman today I am. 
Now I have a heart full of pain for the lamenting humanity, 
a brain full of plans for cultivation of your personality, 
thirsty eyes with a lot of love for the beauty of life, 
and temperament with more hatred for the enemies of the almighty Man, 
drops of tear rolling silently from the sides of my eyes, 
and a throat that often leaves me mute and helpless. 
Alone and weak, ill and old, 
often I look upon my life, my body, my soul. 
It was Me to change the world.
But my turn is over now. 
Time has changed me physically, mentally, even ideologically. 
Alas, I fought, but cursed as I was, was bound to fight alone
with all my strengths and weaknesses.
Now you see, I am going to fall in the ground,
and the shrewd enemy is laughing even now.
You are my answer!
After me it is you to decide and do.
Let me squeeze you all in my arms, 
let me kiss your shining foreheads and blinking eyelids, 
let me touch your shoulders and pat your backs, 
let me convey my love, my hatred, 
my dreams, my roar, my tears
in your heart, your soul, your eyes and ears. 
And it will be my metamorphosis, my second birth, 
my immortality. 
You are my dream! You are my future! 
You are the flowers and fruits of my silent sacrifice. 
Now the world is yours with all its sorrow and joy. 
Now it will be you to play upon the contradictions. 

- GIRIJESH 
19.8.06 (3.45 A.M.)

No comments:

Post a Comment