Friday 30 August 2013

girl - a boon or a curse!


A letter from my daughters : 
“Is being a girl a boon or a curse!”
I am a girl. I myself have been feeling and understanding the pain and humiliation of a female citizen since my very childhood. Even before taking birth the life of a girl is often in danger. Many mothers are forced to kill their unborn daughters in modern society. 
Is this society modern? 
If a girl is lucky enough to take birth, she is bound to face the differentiation and adversity of second grade citizenship throughout her life. With passing time like every other creature a girl also goes on growing and the danger for her safety also grows with her in the ‘forest of concrete’ day by day. Most of the males in the society don’t feel a girl as a person even. They behave with her savagely. 
Numbers of rape cases are continuously echoing from all the directions with the news of the day and they are piercing my ears. I tremble with fear and burn with anger after listening each and every of such news. I know that I cannot escape anywhere to save my dignity and life from these wolves, who are roaming all over the earth. 
That is why I think that I must be not only a lady of gravity and mercy, but also an icon of physical and intellectual strength as I know that none can save me except myself. 
Am I not correct? 
What have you to say? Can you help me?
– I am a girl

No comments:

Post a Comment